How to configure the file smb.conf

Olivier Studer Studer at eif.ch
Tue Apr 1 12:32:50 GMT 2003

Hello,

I would like to mount a home directory UNIX on my PC. I use a server for samba. And I try to have an authentification with a server ldap (IPlanet product). But I can recive an authentification.

Could you help me, please.

Thanks
/Olivier

my smb.conf file:
=============
[global]
     log file = /usr/local/samba/log.%m
     security = user
     encrypt passwords = yes

     workgroup = xxxx

     # ldap related parameters

     # define the DN to use when binding to the directory servers
     # The password for this DN is not stored in smb.conf.  Rather it
     # must be set by using 'smbpasswd -w secretpw' to store the
     # passphrase in the secrets.tdb file.  If the "ldap admin dn" values
     # changes, this password will need to be reset.
     ldap admin dn = "cn=Directory Manager"

     #  specify the LDAP server's hostname (defaults to locahost)
     ldap server = my-server-ldap.xxxxx.ch

     # Define the SSL option when connecting to the directory
     # ('off', 'start tls', or 'on' (default))
     ldap ssl = off

     # define the port to use in the LDAP session (defaults to 636 when
     # "ldap ssl = on")
     ldap port = 389

     # specify the base DN to use when searching the directory
     #ldap suffix = NOT USE

     # generally the default ldap search filter is ok

     ldap filter = "(&(uid=%u))"

[homes]
        writable = yes
        force directory mode = 755