Samba 3.0 HEAD - Print share problem.

Bogdan Iamandei bogdan at its.uq.edu.au
Tue Apr 1 05:14:49 GMT 2003

	Hi all,

	I'm trying to get the latest CVS version running on solaris 8, and it
seems that it has some problems with the print shares.

Namely - when I try to connect via smbclient to a shared printer, it
passes the auth phase only to come up with an error message like:

tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_DEVICE_TYPE

Worse, it appears that W2K/WXP clients are getting either blue-screens
because of it, or they simply reboot as soon as the user tries to
add a printer shared on this server.

I was running 3.0 alpha 18 - without a problem, so there's something
fishy with this HEAD version.

	Any ideea of what might cause this thing? If you need more
info, I can send the debug logs/configs/whatever, just ask.

					Cheers,
						Ino!~

--
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe.  Attack ships on fire
off the shoulder of Orion.  I watched C-beams glitter in the dark