only the first "wins server" works?

Chere Zhou qzhou at isilon.com
Tue Apr 1 00:04:30 GMT 2003

If I have 2 "wins server" set in smb.conf like the following:
wins server = 172.16.0.61, 172.16.10.8

I can verify that only the first works, the second does not, because the 2
wins servers have different contents in them, one for some domains and the
other for some other domains.  I have trusted domains in both of the wins
servers.  The domains are w2k domains, so the trust works through DNS, but I
joined samba 3.0 as an NT4 server.

So my question is, is this by design of how WINS suppose to work, or
otherwise a problem in samba?  I am using cvs HEAD code of Mar. 19th.

Chere