--wuth-tdbsam ?

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Sep 30 15:03:00 GMT 2002

On 27 Sep 2002, Simo Sorce wrote:

> I know of users using tdbsam, simply because they _do not_ want to use
> ldap, but need the extended functionality of tdbsam, like setting per
> user home directories, profile paths, expiration times, etc ...

I agree.  So this is my proposal.  smbpasswd is still the default out of
the box.  The LDAP and TDB backends are available for PDC's, etc....
So this still means that the general confidence level in TDB sam needs to
be raised.  There may be no bugs, but we need more people using :-)

I'll start up a server here later today....

cheers, jerry
 "Sams Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours" 2ed.       ISBN 0-672-32269-2