DatabaseFS VFS module

Eric Lorimer elorimer at css.tayloru.edu
Sun Sep 29 04:43:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I have created a VFS module which implements a fairly complete read-only
filesystem.  It presents information from a database as a filesystem in
a modular and generic way to allow different databases to be used
(originally designed for organizing MP3s under directories such as
"Artists," "Song Keywords," etc... I have since applied it to a student
roster database very easily).  The directory structure is stored in the
database itself and the module makes no assumptions about the database
structure beyond the table it requires to run.  You can find it at:

http://www.css.tayloru.edu/~elorimer/databasefs/index.php

Any feedback would be appreciated: comments, suggestions, patches,
etc...  If nothing else, hopefully it might prove useful for someone
else who wishes to create a virtual filesystem.

Thanks for the great product and keep up the good work.

- Eric Lorimer