Build farm update

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Sep 28 06:46:00 GMT 2002

Just a quick note to say that I've been doing a little work on the build
farm - in particualr, I've got some of the issues that were causing 'out
of date' builds to be reported as 'current' sorted out.

I've also installed ccache on the Compaq machines, so this should give
us a more responsive build process for some changes.

For those who don't know, Samba developments can be tracked at
http://build.samba.org including a 'Recent Checkins' page and a 'Recent
Builds'.  In particular, it allows those with commit access to verify
that they didn't break some platform or other.

While we now have an impressive array of machines, we are still
interested in more.
The basic requirement is that we generally don't want to double-up, and
the machines need to be able to build full-time.  We only  need an
unpriviaged user, not root.
Don't give us a production machine, and be warned that we have killed
machines with 1000's of proceses and other such nasties in the past.
(We try not too, and we now use ulimit, but this kind of thing happens
occasionally).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net