removing group_rid from SAM_ACCOUNT rules out non-unix-accounts:-(

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Fri Sep 27 12:27:00 GMT 2002

It seem easy, but that prevented (at least in my case) to make the
system better.
The way we use multiple module in passdb is subtly broken and exposes us
to inconsistency and a lot of races.
and is not nice to have races in the users database.

the sam initially made a sane route and we also discusse dto not permit
anymore multiple backends at the same time, consistency and races where
my concern, but seem that thesse arguments have not stick

I still think sam is in the wrong direction, as multiple domain will
never be supported in samba so going that direction by default instead
of relegating the possibility in an module is wrong imho.

Plus I recently found another big problem in the interfaces that have to
do with race conditions, but that's another story ...

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399