--with-libsmbclient=no the default ?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Sep 26 19:29:01 GMT 2002

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 02:20:06PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote about '--with-libsmbclient=no the default ?':
> I thought libsmbclient should be built by default in 3.0 ?
> When ( & why) did this change ?  Was it me ?
According to configure.in, it is build by default if the OS has
support for shared libraries.

AC_MSG_CHECKING(whether to build the libsmbclient shared library)
AC_ARG_WITH(libsmbclient,
[  --with-libsmbclient     Build the libsmbclient shared library (default=yes)],
[ case "$withval" in
  no)
       AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
        ;;
  *)
       if test $BLDSHARED = true; then
           LIBSMBCLIENT_SHARED=bin/libsmbclient.$SHLIBEXT
           LIBSMBCLIENT=libsmbclient
           AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
        else
	        AC_MSG_RESULT(no shared library support)
     fi
      ;;
    esac
],