Using winbind with Wine

Luke Howard lukeh at PADL.COM
Thu Sep 26 14:52:00 GMT 2002

> - is the winbind team willing to standardize the protocol, or at least
>   ensure backward compatibility in future versions?

Rather than inventing new protocols, why not just use DCE RPC over domain
sockets or TCP/IP?

The only catch is that you need a DCE RPC client library. We're using the
OSF DCE runtime (actually, FreeDCE), which is BSD-licensed.

We are doing a similar thing, except in reverse, so that SAMBA can act as
a named pipe front-end to our proprietary DCE RPC services. More
information is at http://www.padl.com/Research/XAD.html.

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | PADL Software Pty Ltd | www.padl.com