Bug in HEAD: srv_samr_nt.c and smbgroupedit assume algorithmic RIDs.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Sep 25 12:35:02 GMT 2002

Volker Lendecke wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 02:21:07PM +0200, Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE wrote:
> > srv_samr_nt.c assumes algorithmic mapping for creation of new
> > users. In lines 3891 and 3956 it calls pdb_gid_to_group_rid to create
>   ^^^^^
> Oops, sorry, this should read 'groups' obviously.

Welcome to my nightmare...

As you work into this area, you will see why we decided on the 'start
over'...

However, within pdb, the way I have dealt with part of this issue is to
'push it out of the way'.  There is an option 'agorithmic rid base' that
will put all alogirthmic rids above a certain rid value.  Currently
there is no way to 'reserve' rids, and the user and group systems don't
check with each other very well (but I've added a bit to that recently,
for queries).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net