windbind passwd authentication on irix

Morten Bjørnsvik mortenb at sgi.com
Mon Sep 23 16:21:00 GMT 2002

Hi

I have a win2k server and an octane and I like to use
windbind to take care of all user authentication from
users on the win2kserver domain MBDOMAIN.

I'm using samba2.2.6pre2

mortenb, skrue and donald are all users that is working fine
in the domain with windows clients.

octane 96# su - MBDOMAIN+mortenb
> id
uid=10000(MBDOMAIN+mortenb) gid=10000(MBDOMAIN+Domain Users)
> pwd
/usr/local/users/mortenb
> su - MBDOMAIN+skrue
Password:
Sorry
> su - MBDOMAIN+donald
Password:
Sorry
> exit
logout
octane 97# su - MBDOMAIN+donald
> id
uid=10004(MBDOMAIN+donald) gid=10000(MBDOMAIN+Domain Users)
> exit
logout

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = MBDOMAIN
        netbios name = OCTANE
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        min passwd length = 0
        null passwords = Yes
        smb passwd file = /usr/samba/bin/smbpasswd
	  password server = *
        log level = 99
        winbind uid = 10000-20000
        winbind gid = 10000-20000
        template homedir = /usr/local/users/%U
        template shell = /bin/tcsh
        winbind separator = +
        winbind cache time = 20
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind enum users = yes
[users]
        comment = user homedirectory share
        path = /usr/local/users
        guest ok = Yes

I've tried encrypted and uncrypted passwd, no passwd etc.
ntserver is win2kserver

hosts and groups in /etc/nsswitch.conf are files winbind,
from the lookup with ls -l see they work, and it only work
if you go from root to domain+user,

There is absolutely no user info on the server, everything
is taken from the NT-server. and there is nothing in the
smbpassword list.

Irix version is 6.5.17m

Any help greatly appreciated, since I need to implement this config
at a large customer site later on.

Thanks

--
Morten Bjørnsvik, System support, SGI Oslo Norway
mortenb (at) oslo.sgi.com +47 67 11 46 66