unknown RPC opcodes during join+logon

Luke Howard lukeh at PADL.COM
Thu Sep 19 17:21:01 GMT 2002

>Btw, I tried 0x6B because I saw it consistently in traces between my
>Win2K clients and Win2K PDC (to see it, netbios name should have an even
>length) Not sure if this is just because of some configuration issue
>though - which is why I was hoping you could cross-check for me ;-)

This is odd, I would like to see a trace.

In any case, it appears that an Active Directory client _insists_ on
using the 0x0007ffff negotiate flags and (thus?) the new algorithm. So
I'm going to have to figure out what it is -- I've tried a few permutations
of RC4, HMAC, etc but to no avail so far. How did the SAMBA team figure
out the original secure channel, I wonder?

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | PADL Software Pty Ltd | www.padl.com