unknown RPC opcodes during join+logon

Vijay Kota vijay at spinnakernet.com
Thu Sep 19 14:51:01 GMT 2002

I too think the algorithm is not the same since I implemented the RPC
using the same algorithm (cred_session_key() and cred_create(zerotime))
but got 0xC0000022. This was with a flags value of 0x0007FFFF. However,
the PDC returns STATUS_SUCCESS if flags = 0x000001FF. So the flags field
seems to be significant.

Strangely though, if I don't align after the challenge and push a
0x006B006B (or 0x0000006B) before the neg_flags (= 0x0007FFFF), I could
get it to work. I am not claiming that the preceding statement was very
logical :-)) but it would be great if someone could verify it and at
least disprove it.

Vijay