Slow transfers from Win2K to Linux, but fast from Linux to Win2K

Jordan Mack cybermint at iname.com
Tue Sep 17 07:49:00 GMT 2002

I've been trying to figure out this problem, on and off, for more
months than I can remember. I have a Linux 2.4.18 server with a
Samba 2.2.4 share open. I connect from Win2K just fine and get
over 6MB/s from the Linux server to my Win2K machine, but when
sending a file from Win2K to Linux I'll be very lucky to get 2MB/s.
FTP transfers work great both ways at about 8MB/s.

I've seen a few list entries about this, but I couldn't find one that
found a solution. Anyone know what's going on with this?