VFS Virus Scanner idea...

Rainer Link rainer at openantivirus.org
Tue Sep 17 07:17:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 10:54:39PM +0200, Juergen Hasch wrote:

> It's also interesting that you can download the scan engine and the
> virus signature data base from trend micro and use it with the Samba VFS
> module without even buying their product :-)
>
> I found no indication on their website if this is legal or not...

Ask a representative of Trend Micro :)

Actually, I'd like to point out that when using samba-vscan please make
sure you've purchased the correct license. Some AV companies prohibit
the use of a workstation version on a server. Or if you purchased a
10-user license, but your Samba server serves say 100 users, this would
violate the license, too.

Thanks.

best regards,
Rainer Link