nmbd sends SYN packet to external Network address

Andy Levine andyl at epicrealm.com
Thu Sep 12 12:41:01 GMT 2002

Andreas,

> it tries to send at the ports 139 and 445

Browse list synchronization occurs on these ports. nmdb is trying to fill
out the names of all servers/workstations in your domain. For an external
port, nmdb is probably trying to connect to your domain master browser,
YOURGROUP<1B>. It resolves this names either via your WINS server (wins
server = xx.xx.xx.xx) or your lmhosts file.

Andy