Printer problem on 3.0 Alpha 19

Mike Brady mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Thu Sep 12 06:36:00 GMT 2002

I am having problems adding a printer on Samba 3.0 Alpha 19 and just want to
find out if it was supposed to work in the current release or not before
doing more.

1) Samba 3.0 Alpha 19 on RedHat 7.3 with errata.
2) OpenLDAP 2.14
3) I am using CUPS 1.1.14 and Samba does pickup the printer from CUPS.  Doing
a enumprinters in rpcclient shows the printer.
4) I have added the driver using rpcclient/adddriver.  Doing an enumdrivers in
rpcclient shows the driver.
5) Doing a setdriver in  rpcclient fails.  Looking at some debug messages
shows that I am getting an access denied (to what I am not sure).

Thanks

Mike