Problems with WinXP joining a Samba-head domain (and suggested solutions)

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed Sep 11 20:16:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Luke Howard wrote:

> >Well, I see the NetBIOS name, wks name, DNS domain name, etc in the SPNEGO
> >negTokenTarg in the security BLOB. I have not noticed it in the BIND PDU.
> >I will have to go and look.
>
> I'm talking about rpc_c_authn_netlogon (68) not rpc_c_authn_gss_negotiate (9).

OK, I can see them in the Auth Data. Ethereal does not break that out as
yet. It looks like two UINT32s and two ASCII strings. Not sure.

What I see is 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 F O O 00 F O O - B D C 00

> Unless you're saying that the secure channel is negotiated over SPNEGO?
> I haven't seen that before, I'd like to know what OID they use.

I don't know. The trace I have does not include the session setup, so I
can't see what was negotiated.

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,