Solaris fcntl bug 4700402 at the University of Queensland

jra at dp.samba.org jra at dp.samba.org
Wed Sep 11 15:46:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 07:46:07AM -0400, David Collier-Brown wrote:
> jra at dp.samba.org wrote:
> > Are you sure this is the same bug ? The history of the bug
> > I'm referring to was reported by Volker on one of his German
> > Samba accounts (contact him directly for the name of the
> > customer) and escalated into the Solaris kernel team by
> > tridge via a personal contact
>
> 	Yes it was: the two bug reports were proceeding
> 	in parallel until the kernel team noticed, and
> 	combined them into one.
>
> 	Incidentally, thats why I didn't know until recently
> 	that this bug also affected TDBs.
>
> 	I'm waiting for a patch number to come
> 	out so we can pick it up from sunsolve.

Oh thank goodness for that, I was worried when I saw the
other message about the fix being --with-spinlocks as
that's not a good solution.

We can't hold back 2.2.6 for this unfortunately, we'll
have to put something in the release notes about it -
any chance of getting the patchid pre-allocated so we
know what it will be ?

Jeremy.