Samba 3.0a19 breaks winbind helpers?

Chemolli Francesco (USI) ChemolliF at GruppoCredit.it
Tue Sep 10 09:44:24 GMT 2002

> This program is intended to be invoked directly by external
> programs, so
> they can pass in the string directly into the right argv
> buffer.  Shell
> users can quote.
>
> > What about a also supporting a stream oriented NTLM mode?
>
> I don't see the need - most applications doing this so frequently that
> they need a stream mode are doing NTLMSSP anyway.  Less interfaces
> again...

I think a stream interface is needed for performance reasons.
Since I agree that a command-line mode is needed too, I suggest
using a wrapper to emulate that. Easy and you only have
to do it once. Performance in "exec-mode" would suck twice, but
since it would suck anyways nobody would even notice.

--
	/kinkie