mangling scheme

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Mon Sep 9 08:24:00 GMT 2002

However this is a strange behaviour, generally apps should not try to
guess by it's own the mangling scheme but ask the system to tell them
which is the short name other wise the application is poorly made.

Have you migrated an installation by chance? That may explain the
problem, many installations do save 8.3 paths in registry after the
system has told them which is the mangled name, so may be you can simply
tweak your registry to reflect the correct name.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399