trusted domains patch n+3

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl
Fri Sep 6 13:51:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 11:39:52PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
> >
> > This is a patch consisting of various fixes. Short list
> > includes:
> >  - using user_info.client_domain structure (from user supplied auth info)
> >    instead of user_info.domain
>
> This just is not correct.  Current behaviour is by design

Then I need to talk to you about this on purpose of various parts
of auth structures. It's gonna be interesting discussion...

> >  - new (and soon completely rewritten when generic cache comes
> >    up) make_user_info_map function
>
> I'll just wait for the final rewrite

Sure. I assume it will be done right after implementing trusted
domains cache on top of gencache.

> >  - return type NTSTATUS instead of BOOL for make_user_info_map
> >    make_user_info and make_user_info_for_reply_encI
> >    (the rest of these routines should do the same, imho)
>
> Thankyou, applied

And stay tuned for the rest of make_user_* functions...

> >  - occasional segfault fix in local groups fetching code when
> >    no uid to unix name can be found by winbind
>
> Nice one.

Oh yes, catching this was also nice :-)

> >  - additional degug lines for soon-to-be-changed namecache
>
> I'll apply this with the rest of your cache changes

ok.

> >  - samr_r_enum_dom_users parsing fix
>
> I would like an explaination on this one

no problem. I just gather some packet traces.

> >  - a bit more aesthetics for 'net rpc trustdom list'
>
> good
>
> > Some changes are quite radical, so I expect criticism, especially
> > from some of the Team members ;-)
>
> Who me? ;-)

Of course not... ;-)

> > Part of this patch is a draft rather than completed proposition
> > and as such, much of the code may yet be changed.
>
> The 'easy' bits have been commited - the rest need a bit of work, or at
> least a bit more explaination.

Ok. At least it's some move forward.

--
cheers,