Baseline build project progress.

Max TenEyck Woodbury mtew at cds.duke.edu
Thu Sep 5 03:34:00 GMT 2002

Gerald Carter wrote:

> Use a non-persistent disk on the VMware session.  I do all my RPM builds
> this way.

Yep. One for each base level: 6.2, 6.2 + patches, 7.0, 7.0+, 7.1, 7.1+, 7.2,
7.2+, 7.3, 7.3+.

> I can't remember all the details so remind me....
> Are you proposing to generate samba-common, samba-client, et. al.?

That's what I was thinking of doing. I'd start with the Red Hat .spec files
that can be recovered from their .src.rpm distributions. The main thing I'd
have to do is merge the samba.org .spec files with the Red Hat versions.
The main result would be fewer problems for people upgrading from stock
distributions to the samba.org version.

max+smbt at mtew.asdl.duke.edu