[Samba] libsmbclient.h (fwd)

sharath reddy sharathreddy at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 06:53:00 GMT 2002

Hi Jean,

I do not have the authoritative answer to your
question, but faced the same issue. I wrestled with
the problem for a while, and ended up including the
"includes.h" file. However, since it includes several
other header files, my Makefile looked something like
this:

gcc -I/samba/source/include -I/usr/kerberos/include
-I/samba/source/ubiqx -I/samba/source
-I/samba/source/smbwrapper test.c

Messy, but it worked.

When I built libsmbclient.so and attempted to link a
program against it, though, I got the
following errors:

undefined reference to 'get_nt_error_msg'
undefined reference to 'cli_send_keepalive'

I 'fixed' the first error by deleting the single line
of code in libsmbclient.c that
referred to 'get_nt_error_msg :-)

DEBUG(3, ("smbc_errno %s -> %d\n",
get_nt_error_msg(status), ret));

I figured that it was only a log message anyway, so no
harm done.

The second error can be fixed by applying this patch:

http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2002-August/038784.html

Regards,
Sharath