The contents of NTLMSSP blobs

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 2 11:04:00 GMT 2002

>When it comes to the NTLMSSP challenge, apart from the challenge it self,
>it also contains what looks like an NDR encoded top level ref to the
>domain, this time in UCS2-LE, and then another NDR encoded top level ref
>to what looks like another BLOB. This blob seems to contain:
Richard,
Please see my previous posting on this:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba-technical&m=102942293528502&w=2
The middle describes the NTLMSSP challenge.  The ULONG of zeroes is the end
of the list (address type 0, length 0).

It's probably time to gather the info up into one place, so we don't have
too many people rediscovering the format...you and I are certainly not the
first ones to do this.

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center