mangling char ignored in mangle_hash2.c ...

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Sun Sep 1 06:55:59 GMT 2002

It was decided to fix the mangling char to '~', lp__mangling_char() was
maintained for compatibility with the old style module.
We choosed also to fix it at seventh char position to avoid broken
applications that make assumptions on the mangling char and also moved
every unusable char to be displayed as a single '_', the previous
semantics can be found in mangle_hash.c

abartlet already give other reasons, performance is also one of them, we
do a lot of mangling.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399