Encrypted password support fails

Steve Holstead Steve.Holstead at ualberta.ca
Thu Oct 31 22:09:00 GMT 2002

Thanks for the info Andrew. I guess this brings up a couple of other
questions. I hope you don't mind.

The current samba 2.X seems to use the "unicode" password and checks to
see if it is a NT,LM, or cleartext solution. Is this the case? If so, what
is the purpose of the "ansi" 24 char password?

Now that ntlm v2 is here, does this mean we will have a database with 3
different sets of credentials?