So, what can a program that can modify the SIDs in NTUSER.DAT do?

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Thu Oct 31 09:18:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I envision the profiles program being able to pull the domain SID out of
NTUSER.DAT and then being able to update every SID that matches on the
domain part to a new domain SID.

This could be used when copying profiles over from an NT server where you
can't set the SID of the server to the domain SID that the users came
from, perhaps because you are consolodating domains.

A small script could be run over all the profiles for all the users to
fix them for your current domain SID.

Still, I have to test that the idea works :-)

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,
sharpe at ethereal.com, http://www.richardsharpe.com