Encrypted password support fails

Steve Holstead Steve.Holstead at ualberta.ca
Wed Oct 30 21:17:01 GMT 2002

I am running samba 2.2.4 on AIX 4.3.3.

I am having a little problem with encrypted password support. Most of
my client machines will connect okay. However, I have a couple of
machines (win2000) that fail at logon time. I ran a tcpdump and had a look
at what was happening....

Negotiate protocol response says we'll talk at > lanman2.1

Tree Connect AndX Request says here is my:
	ANSI password of length 24
	and
	Unicode password of length 106

Tree Connect AndX Response says "invalid password"

All my successful clients have a ANSI and Unicode passwd len of 24. Does anyone know what would cause a win2000 client to send me a password of
106?