Fixed: OpLocks caused the corruptions/slowness (Was: How Samb a let us down)

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Tue Oct 29 15:34:24 GMT 2002

True.  I agree this problem should be mentioned in the documentation, and
perhaps the fact that turning off oplocks can help.  I think it should be
pointed out that this is often a band-aid fix to mask network performance
problems, though.  Obviously going into detail about specific network
problems and solutions is out of the scope of the Samba documentation, but
it would be a good idea to at least point people in that direction.