[Samba] libsmbclient in Mac OS X / Darwin

Jay Ts jay at jayts.cx
Sun Oct 27 20:45:01 GMT 2002

John H Terpstra wrote:

> PS: I do not have a MAc with OSX, this info was gleaned from trying to
> help someone get samba working properly. We got SWAT working by copying
> all the /usr/share/swat stuff off a Linux system. But the rest - could do
> with a bit of work. It would be good if we can work with Apple to get the
> wrinkles ironed out.

Do you think maybe if we could connect with the right person there,
Apple might be willing to provide loaner systems?  It might be something
they would feel worthwhile, since it will help them out.  Apple has
added some "user friendly" support for SMB networking to OS X, and they
are obviously interested in Samba, since it helps them integrate
with Windows networks.  (And therefore increase their sales.)

I have been thinking of asking Apple for a loaner system to help
me work on Using Samba, to add support for OS X, but I don't know
who to contact there.

Jay Ts