Comparing SAMBA_3_0 to HEAD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Oct 26 02:27:00 GMT 2002

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" wrote:

> After exluding these files from the diff
>
>   configure
>   CVS
>   *proto.h
>
> The diff is still rather large.  NMow I'm a little skeptical to think that
> all the changes in HEAD are not meant for 3.0.  My other conclusion is
> that people have not been merging in the appropriate fixes into SAMBA_3_0.
>
> $ diff -ub --recursive --new-file \
>   --exclude-from=../../cvs-trees.exclude source \
>   ../../samba/source > /tmp/3-0.diff
>
> $ wc -l /tmp/3-0.diff
>   21816 /tmp/3-0.diff
>
> $ grep '^+++ ' /tmp/3-0.diff  | wc -l
>      89
>
> btw...I'm postponing the 3.0-alpha21 release until this is resolved
> to some degree of satisifaction (and the fact that I've not gotten
> the RedHat specfile up to snuff like I promised).

OK - how do you want some of this handled:

I am committing patches that I think belong in 3.0 eventually, but I
would like some external confirmation that I haven't stuffed something
silly up.  Should I merge to both immediately, or let it sit in HEAD for
a few days?

The latter is what has produced this problem, because then other changes
are getting applied on top (which makes doing the later merge harder)

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net