Bug in samba 2.2 + kernel 2.4?

Jon Monroe jon_monroe at imagebuilder.com
Fri Oct 25 16:41:03 GMT 2002

Hi Jerry,

That looks exactly like my problem -- tons of open FDs but only on directories,
not files.

Unfortunately I haven't made any further progress in troubleshooting this. I
walked through the debugging messages and matched them to whats in the source.
It seems like it should be working. But, I don't do much C/C++ coding, so
probably not worth much. I did verify it only happened on kernel 2.4 (well,
least 2.4.18 & 2.4.19). And, I'm seeing it in Samba 2.2.x and the 3.x alpha. I
didn't try the 2.0 stuff...but, I would guess it occurs there too. I think I
remember seeing the owner change from the windows user to root. Other than
that, I can't think of anything else that might help.

Let me know there is anything I can do to help fix this!

Thanks again!
Jon