[Samba] OpLock+flat DB corruption (Was: How Samba let us down )

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Thu Oct 24 15:20:00 GMT 2002

We've seen file corruption at our site under both NT and Samba, but in our
case it was actually less common with Samba.  Eventually we gave up on flat
Access mdb files and went with MySQL and linked tables -- this seems to be
the only real solution.  Access is kind of a toy database by itself, it
works just long enough to get you hooked and then it fails when you get more
than a few users involved.