[Samba] Re: How Samba let us down

Rashkae rashkae at wealthmap.ca
Thu Oct 24 14:26:01 GMT 2002

John, Please ignore this question from someone who probaby doesn't know
enough to make sound statements, and who hasn't really followed the list
closely lately....

Has there ever been an explanation found for the brief rash of people who
had tidbits of Samba log file data inserted in their network shared files
when sharing over a Samba server??  If indeed that problem was ever
confirmed, I can't see how any of the problems you mention can be the
cause.

Also, since smbfs is such undesirable technology,, what do you suggest we
use to mount file systems between unix hosts?? nfs is great, I suppose, if
everyone is logged into the same server or using something like LDAP to
make sure all login machines have synchroized login accounts,, but
somehow, the simple flexabilility of samba and smbfs always impresses me.x