OpLock+flat DB corruption (Was: How Samba let us down)

Chris de Vidal cdevidal at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 11:44:00 GMT 2002

--- jra at dp.samba.org wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 05:25:56AM -0700, Jay Ts
> wrote:
> >
> > > The corruption might be related to oplocks.  I'm
> doing
>
> File corruption is treated as a drop everything -
> priority
> 1 bug in Samba. If this were a generic problem known
> with
> 2.2.6 we'd be issuing a patch *immediately*.

OpLocks were indeed causing corruption; we only turned
them off, made no other changes, and have no more
corruption, as I reported yesterday.  Wouldn't that be
a priority 1, "drop everything" bug?  Other experience
was confirmed by doing a Google, by 2 Samba authors,
and by the results of our one simple change.

If you'd like, I can submit an official bug report.

/dev/idal