How Samba let us down

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Wed Oct 23 14:05:02 GMT 2002

I'll second this.  WINS is the only way to go once you get above twenty or
so machines on a subnet.  It makes browsing bearable again.

The college I used to go to had something like 400 machines, mostly windows
boxes, on a dorm network.  No WINS server.  At some point they determined
nearly half the network traffic was Windows name resolution broadcasts!