[Samba] upgrade to 3.0alpha20: accented chars in filenames unreadable

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Thu Oct 17 08:28:00 GMT 2002

This is the proper way!
If you have to maintain compatibility, you set the unix charset to be a
code page instead of unicode.

Or you mean you want a way to make samba recognize which kind of charset
have been used previously and support both the former and utf-8 at the
same time?

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399