does someone know about efficient benches for Samba on Solaris ?

ONOFRI Catherine catherine.onofri-renexter at renault.com
Tue Oct 15 07:33:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I'm looking for benchmarks to test Samba v2.2.5 on Solaris 2.5.1,
solaris 2.6, and Solaris 2.8.

I've found smbtorture : it seems that Samba accepts authentications
until you don 't reach more than 50 connections at the same time, dut we
don't know how many active connections we can do . We actually have a
problem of load of our servers running Samba v2.0.4 or v2.0.7a on
Solaris 2.5.1 or 2.6 and we plan to upgrade the version of Samba .

So we need to validate the future configuration and I've found other
benches that are :

netbench (Ziff Davis) but it runs only on windows client, and you have
to configure 100 different computers to test 100 authentications!

dbench (http://samba.org/ftp/unpacked/dbench/) but i don't manage to
compile the program for Solaris (maybe it's only for Linux ??)

Netperf (http://www.netperf.org/netperf/DownloadNetperf.html ) but i
don't mange to compile it too.

If someone knows about these benches or other ones , can he tell me how
to install them ?

Best thanks to all of you  ;-)

--

             _\\|//_