PS: smbcacl doesn't work for me

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Mon Oct 14 22:40:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 11:31:03PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > Unfortunately escaping didn't work either - so you're probably right
> > assuming that names are not supported.
> > Do you know where I get the hex code for the NT-ACLs ?
>
> I don't know of anywhere to find these other than in the Samba source,
> sorry.

The smbcacls program was written before anyone understood access masks
and generic mappings properly.  The individual bitmasks are defined in
WINNT.H if you have Visual C++.  They are all the constants starting
with FILE_.

I'm working on file permission access masks as part of another program
so I may end up refactoring that bit of smbcacls to get rid of some
of the magic numbers and replacing them with the appropriate constants.

Tim.