smbtorture/netbench against w2k

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Mon Oct 14 21:42:00 GMT 2002

Not tried but the problem is easy to find and we encountered it in our
auth code.
It seem that w2k has some sort of very dumb option active by default
that drops connection if it finds more than one from the same ip under
some cicumstances (mostly when auth is not yet finished and a new
connection starts from the same IP), I do not need to say this stupid
behaviour broke many natted networks.

I'm sure that if you dig into this list you will also find a patch from
microsoft about this problem.

Needles to say that netbench from a single interface use a single ip ...

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399