Solaris fcntl bug 4700402

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 14 11:36:01 GMT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Jeff Mandel wrote:

> Are your patches by special arrangement with Sun? I have a contract
> but see no available t-patches and no reference to one in the bug
> listing for 4700402. Where can I obtain this patch?

T-patches are "pre-release" patches; "T" is for "testing", I think. A
customer files bug report, Sun analyse the problem and then come up with
a patch for the customer to try out, to see if it fixes the problem. If
the fix appears to work then the T-patch goes through all the proper
review and release engineering processes to become a publically
available patch (perhaps, eventually).

T-patches don't tend to get wide distribution (except for some of those
which close serious security holes).

I haven't tried this yet but I would guess that those of us who are
support customers, and who are experiencing difficulties, may be able to
get the T-patch if we open a support request with Sun service quoting
the bug-id.

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology