Samba 2.2.6 rc2 released

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Mon Oct 14 00:19:01 GMT 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 08:58:18AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> > > 17) Merge winbindd with current (more advanced) state of play in
> > >     APPLIANCE_HEAD
> >
> > Can anyone enlighten to me as to what exactly that means? What
> > functionality was added, what fixes were applied, etc.?
>
> Jeremy merged in a bug up fixes for connection caching, etc...
> into 2.2 from APP_HEAD.  But it was all tpot's code.
>
> Tim is on vacation until Monday so perhaps he will have more
> information on the exact details.

I think it's just various bits and pieces that weren't merged between
the appliance branch and the various head branches.

I'm going to write a automatic type thing that checks for "unauthorised"
(i.e not related to the structural differences, codepage stuff etc
between appliance and head) diffs so we can manage this better.

Tim.