Commit my stuff to 3.0?

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Sun Oct 13 13:33:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 15:13, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> I think idmap is the right place. we should move it from nsswitch to an own
> directory and make it plugable. (See Roadmap of 3_0: it is needed)

I'm not sure we need it to be pluggable, please explain the benefits.

> And let it map sid -> u/gids and u/gids -> sid.
>
> Maybe let it hold two contexts:

why??

> 1. for all trusted domains (and our domain if we are a member server)
> uses
> winbind uid =
> winbind gid =
>
> to export mapping to unix (nss_winbind) and samba
>
> 2. for our local sam (witch is also the domain sam if we are a DC)
> uses
> idmap uid =
> idmap gid =
>
> to export mappings to samba (and maybe later also to unix via winbind)

Makes no sense, we need only a single idmap that handles all
sid->[u,g]id [u,g]id->sid, splitting it into pieces is the most wrong
thing we may do.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399