auth.c Error

Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE
Sat Oct 12 15:54:00 GMT 2002

Andrew,

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 09:25:22AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> You either need to keep the 'unixsam' in your 'passdb backends' line in
> your smb.conf, or add a 'guest' account to ldap, with a real unix UID
> (possibly the same as nobody, should be the same as 'guest account') and
> with RID 501.

One part of my patch gets rid of some needs for unixsam just for this case. I
fake the guest account directly in make_server_info_guest. I am not sure if
this covers all cases, but much PDC-related stuff works. unixsam is then only
needed for plaintext passwords, and we can allow only one passdb backend.

Volker