[Samba] ADS not compiled in, but configure says yes

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Wed Oct 9 18:06:00 GMT 2002

On 27 Sep 2002, Donald Saltarelli wrote:

> Hello-
>
> with alpha20 I'm getting the "ADS support not compiled in" error when
> trying to do 'net ads join'. I double checked everything before doing
> the make.
>
> I'm no hacker, but i sniffed around in the code and discovered that
> configure is putting '#define WITH_ADS 1' into includes/config.h and all
> the .c files are doing '#ifdef HAVE_ADS'.

This should be ok.  From include/includes.h

/* we support ADS if we want it and have krb5 and ldap libs */
#if defined(WITH_ADS) && defined(HAVE_KRB5) && defined(HAVE_LDAP)
#define HAVE_ADS
#endif

Perhaps on of the other flags was not defined.  Can you check them as
well?

cheers, jerry
 "SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours" 2ed.       ISBN 0-672-32269-2