RFC Naming conventions in bug reports....

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Oct 7 15:31:01 GMT 2002

Folks,

I would like to propose the following naming conventions for
discussions here ('cause I'm always wondering what people mean
when they say theya re running 3.0)

3.0 - refers to either
      (a) an distributed 3.0 alpha snapshot, or
      (b) the latest checkout of the SAMBA_3_0 cvs branch

HEAD - obviously the HEAD cvs branch.

I think people are calling HEAD 3.0 out of habit which is
not really the case anymore....

Thanks for humoring a confused dude :-)

cheers, jerry
 "SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours" 2ed.       ISBN 0-672-32269-2