Usrmgr.exe and Samba 3.0-alpha20.

Eddie Lania e.lania at elton.nl
Mon Oct 7 08:31:01 GMT 2002

Hi list,

I like the use of the Usermanager for domains for windows.
I played a litlle with this tool and noticed that the window95 version
doesn't work because the "RPC service is unavailable" it say's.

The NT version does work, altough there are some limitations.

My questions at this moment are:

- Will there still be support for the usrmgr tools in Samba in the future
(considering that samba becomes more and more dc orientated)?
- If so, then what will have to be done to be able to add groups and add
members to groups through the usrmgr, considering that there is no mechanism
(yet) to add a group with usrmgr and be able to define if it is a local or
domain group? (This still requires the group to be added in two places where
te later is the group mappings tdb which is managed with the smbgroupedit
tool).

Any comment on this would be welcome.

Eddie.