smbgroupedit and ldap groups?

Eddie Lania e.lania at elton.nl
Fri Oct 4 09:22:00 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan (metze) Metzmacher" <metze at metzemix.de>
To: "Eddie Lania" <e.lania at elton.nl>; <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: smbgroupedit and ldap groups?

> HI Eddie,
>
> >I am willing to try this, but I thought the "admin users" parameter
> >primairily is used in the services section and not as a global parameter?
> >So this parameter would only affect rights on a service.
> >
> >Am I right or wrong?
>
> a parameter marked as service parameter only says that you can specify it
> seperate for each service or use the default value of this parameter from
> the global section.
>
> so each service AND global parameter are in the globals section.
>

> metze
---
> Stefan "metze" Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de

Hi Metze,

Then I guess the smb.conf html page should be adapted accordingly:

- From smb.conf.5.html:

-------------
admin users (S)

This is a list of users who will be granted administrative privileges on the
share. This means that they will do all file operations as the super-user
(root).
You should use this option very carefully, as any user in this list will be
able to do anything they like on the share, irrespective of file
permissions.

Default: no admin users

Example: admin users = jason

See what I mean?