Explaining the new SAM

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Thu Oct 3 10:11:01 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 03:13, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:
>
> > It's getting clear that you are reinventing something we already have.
> > All your SAM api is simply the SAMR server pipe code. Why do you want to
> > implement a new api as we already have one ?
>
> I have a history of doing this - and I intend to continue...

I think jfm was criticizing the fact that you are building the interface
too much close to samr one, and that we do not have the need to do so.
I really do not think the jfm was proposing to use the samr interface
for internal use.
I agree to this vision, following too much the samr interface make us
only more unfriendly to the rest of samba code, that need much greater
flexibility as you recognized.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399